Autumn leaves are getting ready to fall (no matter the heat, that's what happens in late summer!), and we're ready for the next season. REGISTRATION for fall classes is open now! Check out the fresh new schedule that will roll you with ease from summer onward.
Look What's New and Fabulous This Fall At Sun & Moon
- Andrea Kiss is Returning from Hungary! She'll be teaching her old Saturday morning Vinyasa class (10:45a) in Fairfax, as well as Monday evening Vinyasa (8:00p) and Friday morning Level 1 (9:30a) in Arlington. She can't wait to share insights she gained from the last six years back in her native country.
- Spend Friday Evenings With Rixie – NEW TIME! Starting after Labor Day, Peaceful Practices will meet from 6:00p to 7:15p, and Yoga for 12 Step Recovery will meet from 7:30p to 8:45p, Ffx.
- Around the World Yoga: A special 7-week class with Dana Cook on Wednesdays at 2:00p to 2:45p. You and your children will travel to a new continent each week to explore music, stories, yoga poses, and fun. Sept 30 through Nov 11, Arl.
- Adaptive Yoga with Private Session Included: This class will be limited in numbers, and each full registration includes a private session with Asya, a compassionate teacher and yoga therapist, with special expertise in adaptive yoga for students with limited mobility, and systemic neurological disorders such as MS and Parkinsons. Class meets Mondays 12:30p to 1:30p, Arl.
- Slow Flow: Because life goes fast enough as it is!! Slow down and move with grace and breath, with Valerie Short, Sundays 5:45p to 6:45p, Ffx; and wiith Nancy Carter, Thursdays 5:30p to 6:30p, Arl.
- Family Yoga Fridays in Arlington: Make monthly Friday afternoons the perfect time to chill with the kids of any age, and set the weekend off to a relaxing and connected, quality-time start. With Sylvia Cacciato, Sept 11, Oct 6, Nov 6, and Dec 4, 5:00p to 6:00p, Arl.
Rodney Yee and Colleen Saidman Present Yoga for Life
Details are set for Rodney's return to Sun & Moon after his last visit 13 years ago! The fabulous Colleen Saidman Yee will join him and they'll teach a weekend of yoga asana, pranayama, and meditation. Rod & Colleen's teachings are exquisitely and masterfully honed, guaranteed to open new doors of understanding and feeling in the body. Don't miss this rare opportunity to study, and to have fun, with two of the truest yoga voices around. Fri Oct 30 to Sun Nov 1, Holiday Inn Arlington at Ballston.
An Autumn Yoga Weekend with Barbara Benagh
Barbara has a fabulous weekend planned, with her classic slower flow on Friday evening, an exploration of "The Body Aquatic" Saturday afternoon, and meditation and asana with an overview of the Yoga Sutras on Sunday. Fri Sept 25 to Sun Sept 27, Ffx.
Yoga and Essential Oils with Rixie, Sunday Aug 2, 2:00p, Ffx.
Silent Retreat with Alex and Jackie, Sunday Aug 8, 1:00p, Arl.
Win a prAna Revolution Natural Mat!
Email us a photo of you wearing one of our sparkling new 20th anniversary t-shirts in one of your summer destinations – could be a faraway land or your own neighborhood pool. Send your t-shirt-selfie to email@example.com. At the end of the summer, we'll put your name into a singing bowl, say an OM, and choose someone to receive a brand-new, high-end mat as our gift to you.