winter 2018 class schedule
New & Notable for Winter!
- Chair-Assisted Yoga - Cynthia Lim , Friday mornings 10:00a.
- Welcoming Alex Ali to the schedule – an experienced yogi by way of Asheville, NC, thrilled to join the Sun & Moon family on Saturday mornings Level 1/2, at 10:45a.
- Welcoming Jessica Watts to the prenatal team, Sunday afternoons, 5:00p.
- Welcoming Sun & Moon 200-hour Foundations graduate Sandra Jenkins-Clark to the schedule, Thursday evenings All Levels, 8:00p.
- Wishing Natalia Garcia-Valencia a wonderful and healthy maternity leave, Valerie Short will take over Thursday Level 1 at 6:15p, and Michelle Kunz offers Core Awareness Thursdays at 7:45p.
- Michelle Kunz is back on the schedule additionally on Monday evenings Level 1 at 7:45p.
- A NEW vinyasa class on Wednesday afternoons at 5:00p with Annie Welsh
- Gayle Fleming is back on the weekly schedule, taking over Level 2 Monday mornings, 10:00a!
- Yoga for Teen Boys is back on Tuesday evenings, 6:30p, with Mike Ricker.
- Also back by popular demand, Anne Jablonski's famed Rat-Race Counterpose, Wednesday evenings 6:45p, starting on Jan 17 for six weeks only.
- We welcome Alex Ali to the schedule – an experienced yogi by way of Asheville, NC, thrilled to join the Sun & Moon family for Thursday evening hour-long Vinyasa, 6:45p (plus Saturday mornings Level 1/2 in Fairfax).
- Yoga for You and the Kids! We get many requests from parents who'd like a class for them AND their kids together. Here it is. Monday evenings, 6:30p - 7:45p, with Jennifer Eubank. Recommended for kids ages 7 and up. An all-levels yoga class, with all the basic poses, breathing, and relaxation for the whole family. One adult registration includes one child for free; additional children attend for half-price. If two adults within a family register and each brings a child for free, a third child can come for free.
- Yoga for Arthritis returns on Thursdays, 12:00p, for the duration of the winter quarter, starting fresh on Jan 4. Rachel Waldstein leads the exploration of poses that can, over time, relieve the discomfort of arthritis. Poses and movements are made accessible for those with limited mobility through use of props, especially a chair or the wall. Learn exercises that can be done anytime, anywhere, on or off the mat. Additional focus on anatomy, current research on inflammation and nutrition, breathing exercises and meditation to reduce the stress that is both a cause and a product of arthritis pain.
- Yoga for You and the Baby ... and Yoga for You and the Crawlers/Tots. Back by popular demand, our re-vamped Moms & Babies class on Wednesday mornings (11:30a - 12:15p), and a combined offering on Friday mornings (11:00a - 11:45a) for caregivers with the wee ones who have gone mobile. With Dana Cook. Registration is per adult (kids and babies are free).